Apple’s brand-new iPhone 15 series debuted at the exciting Wonderlust event on September 12. As eager customers rush to get their hands on these latest gadgets, there’s been a little hiccup in the setup process. Some users have encountered issues while trying to set up their shiny new iPhone 15. The good news is that Apple is aware of the problem and has quickly rolled out a solution in the form of iOS 17.0.2.
Understanding the Problem:
The trouble arises when users attempt to transfer data from their old iPhones to their fresh iPhone 15 or iPhone 15 Pro, both of which run the latest iOS. To make this transfer, users usually select the “From Another iPhone” option during the initial setup. Unfortunately, many users have found themselves stuck with an unresponsive iPhone 15 displaying the familiar Apple logo.
Fixing the iPhone 15 Setup Bug:
For those who have just unboxed their iPhone 15 and are yet to complete the setup, there’s an easy way to avoid this issue. Follow these steps to save time and ensure a smooth setup:
- Begin the initial setup for your iPhone 15 without choosing the data transfer option.
- Afterward, download and install iOS 17.0.2, the latest update from Apple. This update is specifically designed to address the data transfer problem.
Some users have reported that their iPhone prompted them to update to the new iOS version during the initial setup. If you see this prompt, consider it a lucky shortcut that will help speed up your setup.
However, if you don’t receive the update prompt, here’s what to do:
- Complete the initial setup process as mentioned earlier.
- Reset your iPhone 15 to its factory settings.
- Repeat the setup process, but this time, confidently select the “From Another iPhone” data transfer option without any worries.
Dealing with an iPhone 15 Stuck on the Apple Logo: In unfortunate cases where your iPhone 15 is already stuck on the Apple logo, follow these steps to potentially resolve the issue:
- Connect your new iPhone 15’s to your computer using a cable.
- Press the volume up button, then quickly release it. Next, press and quickly release the volume down button. Finally, press and hold the side button.
- Keep holding the side button until you see the Apple logo. Don’t release it until an image of a computer and cable appears.
- On your computer, use Finder (for Mac) or iTunes (for PC) to locate your new iPhone.
- When given the option to Restore or Update, select “Restore.”
- If your iPhone restarts while your computer is downloading iPhone software, wait for the download to complete. Afterward, put your iPhone back into recovery mode.
- Now, you should be able to restart the setup process from the “Hello” screen.
Apple’s swift response to the iPhone 15’s setup bug with the release of iOS 17.0.2 shows their dedication to providing a hassle-free user experience. As you dive into the world of iPhone 15’s, rest assured that any initial troubles will be quickly sorted out. Whether you’re setting up your iPhone 15’s for the first time or fixing an existing problem, these steps should guide you towards enjoying your cutting-edge device without any hassles.