The ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup is back for its 13th edition, and the stakes are higher than ever. The tournament promises thrilling cricketing action, and with it comes a hefty prize pool for the teams. Here’s a breakdown of the prize money that’s up for grabs in this cricket extravaganza:
The Top Spot
- Champion’s Reward: The team that emerges victorious in this 10-team showdown will not only lift the coveted trophy but will also pocket a handsome sum of US$4 million. The ultimate glory comes with a significant payday.
- Second Place: The runners-up won’t be going home empty-handed either. The team finishing as the runner-up will receive a substantial US$2 million in prize money.
- Losing Semifinalists: Making it to the semi-finals is no small feat, and the losing semi-finalists will be duly rewarded. Each of these teams will take home a respectable $800,000 from the total prize pool of US$10 million.
Winning Along the Way
- League Match Victories: Every victory in the league stage will be celebrated not just with pride but also with a financial boost. Teams that conquer their opponents during this stage will earn US$40,000 for each win.
- For the Challengers: Even the teams that don’t make it to the semi-finals will receive a consolation prize. The six teams that miss out on the semi-finals will receive a payment of US$100,000 each as a token of appreciation for their efforts.
With these enticing incentives, the ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup 2023 promises fierce competition, where every victory and performance counts. Let the cricketing battle begin!
The breakdown of prize money allocations is as follows.
|Stage||Rate US$||Total US$|
|Losing Semi-Finalist (2)||800,000||1,600,000|
|Teams eliminated after group stage (6)||100,000||600,000|
|Winner of each group stage match (45)||40,000||1,800,000|