Pursuing HEC Undergraduate Scholarship in Gilgit-Baltistan: Your Guide
The Higher Education Commission (HEC) has unveiled a remarkable opportunity for talented individuals hailing from Gilgit-Baltistan (GB) through its HEC Undergraduate Scholarship Program. This initiative has been designed to offer financial support to exceptional students, facilitating their pursuit of undergraduate studies in prestigious Pakistani universities and institutions.
Batch-III Applications Now Open
The scholarship program, known as Batch-III, is currently accepting applications for the academic year 2023-24. Aspiring candidates have until 30 September 2023 to submit their applications, allowing them ample time to prepare and apply.
Eligibility Criteria to Fulfill
To be considered eligible, applicants need to meet the following criteria:
- Possess a domicile or local certificate of Gilgit-Baltistan.
- Have successfully completed their Higher Secondary School Certificate (HSSC) or its equivalent.
- Not be benefiting from any other ongoing scholarship program.
- Be aged 22 years or younger by the closing date of application submission.
- Fulfill both HEC and university admission requirements for their chosen BS programs.
Benefits of the Scholarship
HEC’s Undergraduate Scholarship comes with a range of benefits designed to ease the educational journey:
- Coverage of tuition fees, hostel charges, and other essential fees, up to a maximum limit of Rs. 240,000 per year.
- A monthly stipend of Rs. 15,000.
- Allowances for books and travel, totaling Rs. 30,000 per annum.
Step-by-Step Application Process
Here’s how the application process unfolds:
- Access the dedicated online application portal.
- Create a personalized login ID and password for future access.
- Complete the comprehensive application form, ensuring accurate and complete details.
- Submit a non-refundable application fee of Rs. 500 at any HBL branch across Pakistan, using Account No. 1742 7900 133401, Account Title: Higher Education Commission, Branch Code: 1742, Islamabad. A scanned copy of the bank receipt should be uploaded during the online application.
Selection Criteria and Merit Emphasis
Selection of candidates will be based on a combination of their performance in an aptitude test, conducted by the Education Testing Council (ETC) under HEC, and their academic records. It is crucial for applicants to secure a minimum of 50 percent marks in the ETC test to maintain eligibility.
Opportunity Based on Merit
The scholarship selection process underscores merit, without any biases related to gender, caste, race, or religion. Additionally, students already enrolled in public sector universities/institutions for up to one academic year/session before the scholarship advertisement can also apply. This program embodies HEC’s commitment to promoting education and empowering deserving individuals in Gilgit-Baltistan.